2020/2021 Club Explore Information
GRADES 1st – 3rd OUR NEXT JOURNEY WILL BEGIN August 24, 2020
Drop your children off knowing they will be loved, taught and engaged in learning while they are LEARNING TOGETHER…PLAYING TOGETHER…BEING TOGETHER
Our theme for 2020/2021 is The Continents
An example of how Club Explore works…with our first continent being Asia, our “travel” each week will focus on different countries of Asia; such as China, Japan, India, and Russia.
Our lessons always include a lesson, an art activity, large group enrichment activity, snack and usually a story which reflects something about the culture of the region.
A FEW OF THE THINGS OUR CONTINENT JOURNEY WILL INCLUDE ARE:
• North America
• South America
Here is an example of how our lesson on China may be arranged:
• Teaching- a variety of topics such as the Great Wall, silk, Marco Polo, Emperors, kites and/or pandas
• Story – Ming Lo Moves the Mountain
• Snack – fried rice to be eaten with chopsticks
• Enrichment activities – dancing with a “dragon” to Chinese music to learn about the Chinese New Year celebration; possibly playing with tangrams. We do have science activities as our enrichment activity on occasion.
CLUB EXPLORE PROVIDES HANDS-ON LEARNING THROUGH:
• HAND CRAFTS & ART
• INTERESTING STORIES
• INFORMATIVE LESSONS
• CREATIVE SNACKS
• SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS
• LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES & GAMES
Club Explore does not have assignments to be completed at home, however, we provide a syllabus and many parents use library books and/or other activities to supplement learning at home.
JOIN US ON MONDAYS FROM 9:45 – Noon.
Club Explore is held at The Training Center 1488 Campus
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information
TUITION IS $60.00 PER MONTH (8 monthly payments)
SPACE IS LIMITED – REGISTER SOON