FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the definition of home schooling in Texas?
What are the Texas state requirements to home school?
- The instruction must be bona fide (i.e., not a sham).
- The curriculum must be in visual form (e.g., books, workbooks, video monitor).
- The curriculum must include the five basic subjects of reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and good citizenship.
What are the graduation requirements?
The TEA website is: http://tea.texas.gov/graduation.aspx
How The Training Center can help.
How does The Training Center work if my child only attends once a week?
Can my child take everything they need at The Training Center?
Can my child take only one class at The Training Center?
Is there a limit on the number of classes my child can take?
Why are most classes for several grade levels?
How can you teach 4-6 grades together in one class?
Do you provide a study hall?
Can my student hang out and visit before or after their classes?
Is there a dress code?
Yes, please refer to this link (link to dress code)
What if the student comes out of dress code?
Do students have homework?
What do the students do for lunch?
How and when do I register?
To register for a class, please:
- Please print a Family Agreement 2019-2020 and return with your $50 FAMILY membership fee. TTC’s mailing address for both campuses is: The Training Center, 3214 Felton Springs Dr., Spring, TX 77386.
- Fill out a Class Registration Form and mail with your post-dated July 1st and August 1st payments, along with any supply fee, to the class teacher (see the teacher page on the website for address and contact info).
Please note: Mrs. Garza and Club Explore have their own specific registration forms. These may be found on the website under the Registration Information.
3) Students are required to wear a Training Center T-shirt. They should be ordered online by July 31, so they can be delivered at orientation. Use this form to order T-shirts T-shirt orders form . Different grades have different color options. Students may wear colors for their grade and below. See T-shirt Information for your class color options.